Frequently Asked Questions
Paediatric Dose Calculation
Last Updated 7 years ago
MyOPD assists Doctors to calculate Dynamic Doses in case of practices like Paediatrics
Here is how you can use the feature:
- Click Settings -> Application Settings
- At the bottom, in "Other Options", select "Autocalculate Dose". Review the message, press OK. Press Done
Enter Dose Details for Medicine(s)
- To set additional details for Medicine, click Profile -> My Medicines
- Under "My Medicines" tab in this window, you would see columns - Dose (mg/kg/day), Frequency, Concentration and Range (mg/kg/day)
- Against the medicine, set each of these items as per the guidelines to administer the medicine. Range (mg/kg/day) is optional parameter.
- Range is used to check that the dose does not exceed the limits of prescribed daily minimum or maximum
- Once done, click Close
Using Dynamic Dosing
- Open the Patient's Visit
- Enter Weight (kg) for the child
- While entering Prescription, type the name of medicine in the "Add Medicine" box. Here, if suggestions show up, do not select a pre-existing dose given to someone else. Just select the name of medicine only.
- Once you enter just the name, the doses are automatically calculated and added to the row as per the Frequency selected.
- Review these doses and set the Duration and Special Conditions for the medicine